12.06.2012

Advent Calendar

One of our family traditions is our Christmas Advent Calendar. 
I made these 24 glittered metal tins and my child LOVES them.  He has so much fun opening each tin every morning to find out what his goodie is for the day.  I put small things in them like a small piece of candy, money, or if there's a larger item I want to give him then I put a small post-it sending him on a treasure hunt for the gift.  It's not always an item that costs money..... some times it's something like going to the park, library or reading a book.  Many of these things are about spending quality time together.  It takes a little bit of planning but if you plan it around events that you are already wanting to do, it's pretty simple.  Check out more of my Christmas favs on my Christmas Pinterest board. 





Here's a list of some things that we've done in the past:
* trip to the library
* special treat after school (Sonic ice cream treat)
* go see Christmas lights
* buy gifts to a child-in-need
* decorate Christmas cookie with mom
* read Christmas book
* make s'mores
* brunch with Santa
* go shopping to pick out a special gift for your teacher
* go to the park
* special dinner with mom & dad
* gingerbread house decorating


Do you have any family traditions?


 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love all of the 'non-tangible' gifts inside and what a beautiful advent display!

    ReplyDelete