9.04.2012

Marbled Paper

Marbled Paper = Instant Art

I came across some amazing marbled paper from Paper Mojo that I loved and wanted to frame it to make an instant piece of art.  The movement and color ranges in these papers are amazing and work well with any decor.  My piece was 2' x 3' and only cost $5.75.  I couldn't beat that price!!!!  I would even consider using this as wrapping paper or lining a bookshelf with it but a word of caution......they are very thin!  Here's my process of framing my gorgeous marbled paper.



Paper Mojo Pirouette Marbled Paper in Turquoise Apricot Raspberry
 
Add a Target poster frame on clearance



VERSION 1: Paper in Target clearance poster frame.
Originally, I taped off the corners of the frame and painted them in a gold leaf.
And didn't use a mat.
This look was fine but I thought I could do better.



Final Product, version 2:  I liked the original metal on the frame but I'm really into gold/brass.
So I decided to remove the plexi-glass and I spray painted the frame.  And I also added a crisp,
white mat.  I love the final version. 




Another view of the final version.



Final look.  I hung the art above the desk in my studio. 


Go make something beautiful!