10.02.2012

Nate Berkus and Target

Two of my favorite things.... Nate Berkus and Target!

Nate is launching his Home Collection at Target on Sunday, October 21st - so get there EARLY!
But don't get in my way - 'cuz I might just knock you over ;-)
See the video below for a sneak preview of some just some of the amazing items!



Target Debuts Exclusive Home Collection from Nate Berkus

“Nate is celebrated for helping people create beautiful spaces that express their individuality,” said Stacia Andersen, senior vice president, merchandising, Target. “Target guests will be inspired by the Nate Berkus Collection, which captures his sophisticated design aesthetic in a stylish and affordable line.”
The Nate Berkus Collection at Target includes more than 150 home products with prices ranging from $5.99 to $149.99. The assortment includes stylish and relatable pieces that feel like they were collected over time and can be easily layered into existing décor.
 
How would you describe the style of your Target collection?
I don’t strike a chord with any one style. I love everything from Swedish antiques to midcentury modern to Milan design from the ’70s. I love crafts, basketry and metalwork. All these elements are incorporated in the line. I did design with a point of view using natural materials, knitting and textural finishes. I don’t want people to buy the entire collection. I want them to be able to buy pieces and layer them into their homes.
The line will have a long life. I’ll be able to constantly refresh it. I don’t want to totally overhaul every season. The whole is focused on accessories and objects. I see every horizontal surface as an opportunity. A lot is drawn from pieces in my home that I’ve been collecting over the last 25 years. There’s a lacquer tortoise shell like one that’s hanging on my wall.

“I created this collection for Target with my philosophy that homes should evoke a feeling, not a theme,” said Berkus. “There is something for everyone in this line, so I’m thrilled to offer Target guests’ patterns, colors and objects that represent what I love most for the home.”
The collection includes pieces such as a chevron patterned duvet, ikat-link towels, herringbone window panels, braided jute rugs and a metal lamp. The decorative accessories include lacquered tortoise shells, ceramic urns, hammered metal bowls in gold, a fabric covered tray, toss pillows with stud accents and decorative objects with snakeskin finishes.